The much awaited Annual Marikina Sapatos (Shoe) Festival is just around the corner!
The 2014 Sapatos Festival will officially start on September 29, 2014 and will run until December 31, 2014. The opening ceremonies will be held during the Monday Morning flag ceremony at the Marikina City Hall. The Marikina Sapatos Festival aims to showcase the proudly made high quality Marikina shoes and and the Marikina shoe industry. Events during the Sapatos Festival includes:
- Shoes Sale at Patio del Zapatero – shoes at bargain prices… up to 50% off the regular price.
- Marikina Sapatos Festival Caravan
- Shoe Float Parade,
- Street Dancing Competition
- Tour de Takong
- Shoe for a Cause
- Shoe Exhibit
- Re-launching of the Shoe Museum
- Jazz Up my Shoes
- Singing Sapatero at Mag-aareglo
- Shoe Cosplay
- Fashion Shoe
- Gabi ng Parangal
- Konsyerto sa Plaza
The official list of activities during the Sapatos Festival 2014 is still bing finalized. Be sure to subscribe to Inside Marikina Blog and Facebook Page for updated.