Some readers have been sending private messages regarding possible parking areas during the 2013 Nike We Run Manila event here in Marikina. I’ve prepared a short list.
WHERE TO PARK: NOTE: THIS ARE NOT OFFICIAL PARKING AREAS OF THE EVENT. THESE ARE ONLY MY SUGGESTIONS.
- Beside the river. There’s a long stretch of parking space there.
- At the back of Marikina City Hall – though this may be reserved for Nike We Run organizers.
- The road beside the Marikina City Health office. They always close it if there are big events.
- Marikina Riverbanks center.
- Loyola Memorial park – this is a huge parking space.
- Kia Metroeast Branck – can accommodate up to 10 vehicles on their parking.
- SM Marikina.
- Roninsons Metro East
- Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall
- Q-Plaza beside Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall.
Your best option on having a parking slot near the venue is by being early.. early means before lunch time! Remember, 15,000 runners will attend. Assuming that only 10% of the participants will bring their own vehicle, that’s an additional 1,500 vehicles that will vie for parking space here in the city.
WHERE NOT TO PARK:
- You won’t be able to use the parking at Blue Wave Mall. There’s a Bazaar there during weekends.
- Do not park at the pay parking beside the Marikina Valley Medical center.
- Don’t park at Tropicana Garden City – this is for Marikina Valley Medical Center parking.
- Don’t park along the race route.
- Do not park on the areas highlighted in Yellow. Or else, you might end up running going home (alam na!)