This year’s Sapatos Festival will be running from September 10 to December 31.
With the theme: “Walk this way! Gawang Marikina, Gawang Kinikilala,” the festival aims to aims to revitalize Marikina’s shoe industry likewise, give recognition to Marikina-made shoes which gave the city its name the Shoe Capital of the Philippines.
- Shoe Caravan. The Caravan will visit other cities in Metro Manila at scheduled dates from October 1 to November 9.
- SympoSHOEm on September 21 and October 26, 9 a.m. at the Kapitan Moy Shoe;
- Torch Relay to be held every Mondays from September 2 to November 12, 6 a.m. in different public Elementary and High Schools in the city;
- Weekend Jammingan, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from September 14 to December 31 at 6 p.m. at the Patio Del Zapateros (Near Shoe Museum);
- Exhibit/Mega Shoe Sale which will on September 19-23 from 10 p.m. to 12 mn at the Eastwood Central Plaza, Eastwood City;
- Festival Kick-Off on October 1 at 8 a.m. at the city Freedom Park;
- Feast of St. Crispin (Patron of the Shoemakers) on November 12, 8 a.m.also at the Freedom Park;
- SHOEtime in Showtime will be held on November 13, 12 nn at the Shoe Museum;
- Shoe-per Star on November 13, 6 p.m. at Kapitan Moy.
- Tap Dance for Senior Citizen on November 14 at 5 p.m., Teatro Marikina;
- Shadow Dance on November 14, 6 p.m. at Teatro Marikina;
- SHOE-Gala on November 15, 6 p.m. from Marikina City Hall to SM Marikina;
- A Fa-shoe-n-show will also be held on November 15, 7 p.m. at SM City Marikina;
- Tour De Takong (Stiletto Race) will take place November 16, 6 a.m. from Teatro Marikina to City Hood Park;
- Bike Fest on November 18, 6 a.m. at the Patio Del Zapateros (Near the Shoe Museum);
- Gawad Kapitan Moy and the Konsyerto sa Plaza ni Kapitan Moy with 6Cyclemind and other performers
Head over to Patio DEL Zapateros (Beside Shoe Museum) for a wide variety of quality yet reasonably priced Marikina-made from September 10 to December 31, 2012. Likewise, shoes will also be sold at the City Hall Quadrangle from October 1 to November 16 .