Marikina residents are encouraged to have their dogs registered with the City Veterinary Office and avail of the free Anti-Rabies shots.
New dog owners should bring the following:
- photo of their dogs (preferably whole body and side view);
- 2×2 photo of the owner;
- Payment for registration fee of P75.00
For those who have previously registered their dogs, they must renew their registration by bringing the following:
- old dog tag and
- previous registration papers
Residents who not be able to register their dogs shall be fined P1,000, while non-vaccination of dogs will cost them P3,000.
So its better if you get your dog registered. Free Vaccination, free dog tags, and rabies won’t be a problem if ever your dog accidentally bites anyone.
You can download the Pet Registration form here.
Other ordinances that you should know relating to your pets:
- ORDINANCE NO. 165, S-2001 imposes penalty on owners of animals which cause injury or damage to people or property.
- ORDINANCE NO. 13, S-97 bans owning animals in settlement or resettlement areas.
- ORDINANCE NO. 13, S-95 prohibits dog owners from taking out their pets to urinate and defecate on streets and sidewalks.
- ORDINANCE NO. 17, S-94 prohibits the slaughter of dogs, sale and/or transport of its meat in the city and provides penalties on violators.
- ORDINANCE NO. 129, S-93 prohibits stray animals in public places in the city.