By virtue of City Ordinance No. 48, Series of 2010, the following are additional No Smoking areas in Marikina City:
- play schools
- elementary and high school campuses
- colleges and universities
- youth hostels
- elevators and stairwells
- gas stations and storage areas
- public and private hospitals
- medical, dental, and optical clinics
- health centers nursing homes
- public conveyances and facilities such as train and bus stations
- food preparation areas
- conference halls
There will also be designated smoking areas which smoker would know due to proper signage.
Smokers violating this ordinance will be slapped with a P1,000 fine while establishments will be penalized with P5,000 fine.